Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Out on the Weekend


Dearest Phoebe,


I remember reading a blog entry by Mummy and it had this confessionary tone by which she stated she's a bad ambassador for motherhood. Don't get her wrong or in case you misunderstood what she wrote, she's probably wore out from work and all.


Mummy and I converse daily and most of the time, we would be talking about you. You should see how Mummy gets all perked whenever the weekend's approaching. The eve of this year's Lunar New Year falls on a Sunday and she was all excited about having our own "private" reunion meal! It's not the weekend that perks her up, but the fact that she can put aside her weekday commitments to spend time with you that becomes her catalyst for life.


If you think life's hard, wait till you try living it! We all need that spark or push to keep us going once in a while. As for me, I tend to take things as they come. And if there came a day or night when I felt I needed a little nudge - a simple reminder to keep pursuing my dreams and not to dwell on life’s minor setbacks, I know I can always count on Mummy to tell me things are OK, over and over again. It's that simple and comforting.


PS: If you ever needed that nudge in the form of an accompanying song to put a smile on your face, my suggestion is Neil Young's "Out On The Weekend". It’s an archaic but relevant (1971) country folk rock song that is about moving forward! Oh ya, it helps if you belt it out at the top of your lungs, hee....


Be good and smile pretty,

Daddy Dearest

No comments: