Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Can you kick it?

Dearest Phoebe,

Mummy has beaten Daddy to the draw in writing the first entry for your blog for the new year.
Nevertheless, this is my first entry to your blog for the year 2009.

I remember Mummy asking me about some of my entries and she questioned some of the topics I broached in them. Basically, she was asking what the unifying theme in the entries was. I must admit that I was stumped. After some hemming and hawing on my part, Mummy gave up pressing for an answer.

A few days ago, an answer popped into my head and I would want to share it with you. "Lest you should forget"; that is the grand unifying theme of my blog entries. My entries contains snippets of pop culture, daily happenings and plus a smattering of Daddy's thoughts and emotions put down in prose. Hopefully, they serve to remind you of your younger days when you were just too busy growing up to remember.

PS: I have put together a slideshow of photos of your daily activities. They involved visits to the Singapore Flyer (Gulp...) and the Marina Barrage, where you perfected your wind-in-my-hair strut. It also comprises some of your art and craft activities, including your drawing which looks like a Cubism intrepretation of the human face. One of your favourite activites was playing with Playdoh and mashing them into different shapes with the playset tools!

Be good and smile pretty,
Daddy Dearest

No comments: