Monday, March 31, 2008

Papa, please get me the moon?


Dearest Phoebe, Daddy is writing this entry after a four-day break from work. Last Thursday and Friday, we spent a good part of the mornings messing about at the playground. I remember you negotiated the playground steps by yourself and Daddy just went "Wow!". You took rides on the dinosaurs and chased the bubbles Daddy blew. We really had heaps of fun!
However, this Monday morning, Daddy lost his temper and shouted at you. Daddy's temper can be like a stick of dynamite; quick-burning fuse and explosive. This entry will be succinct and concise as extra words will most probably come off as some lame excuse for my outburst.
Phoebe, it's hard to be a parent, it's really hard at times. With that said, I know that Mummy and Ah Ma, have it harder as they are your primary care givers. It's probably hard for you too as you become more aware of your surroundings and the people around you. You are just an innocent child trying to make sense of this adult world and you have your way of expressing your emotions and thoughts.
For what it's worth, I am sorry and as a reminder to me, I would end off by saying, "Anger is not something you can get rid of by losing it."
Be good and smile pretty, Daddy Dearest.

No comments: