Monday, March 10, 2008


Dearest darling, this is Daddy's second post to your blog. At the behest of Mummy, I will change the font of my entries so that it is easier to distinguish our postings. Plus, I will include a picture that will be on the right hand side of my entries.
OK, Daddy's inspired to write something due to an incident that happened at Ah Ma's home. Your cousins, Gary and Cindy were involved in a verbal sparring with your Aunt, Er-Yi and I happened to pick up some of their exchange. Some unkind words were exchanged and it culminated with Gary saying that he would send Er-Yi to a nursing home when she is old. Those words really sent a chill down Daddy's spine. I'm not being judgemental here in trying to say your cousin Gary is in the wrong.
I have a different point to make here.... in life, people get into arguments and I'm sure we would. This is a fact of life but I hope amid our exchange (in the future), you would keep in my mind that Mummy and Daddy would want the best for you. You might disagree with our decisions and opinions but I guess that if you feel that way, Mummy or Daddy should be doing something right. Right in the sense that you have grown to have an opinion of your own, that makes you a special individual. Secondly, sometimes we do know best coz we have been down that road before and our forewarnings may run counter to your thoughts. In short, people sometimes disagree to agree at some other point.
I hope U understand what Daddy is trying to say. In the future, when you choose to be a parent, I hope you will find comfort in these words Daddy have written and hopefully... make you a better parent. OK, I'm looking too far into the future but at the very least, you would understand that parenting at times mean making some difficult decisions.
I'm listening to this song by Jack Johnson (an American surfer dude turned folk singer) and in his song "Angel", he sings about an angel "she doesn't wear anywings.... she wears a smile that make me wanna sing."
Be good and smile pretty... Daddy dearest.

No comments: