Dearest Phoebe, we had a great weekend but Daddy had to spend Sunday evening away from you and Mummy due to another family commitment. I had to attend the wedding dinner of your Auntie Pei Fen and your newly minted Uncle Sean Teo.It was a rather grand affair and Daddy took the opportunity to catch up with your other Uncles present at the dinner. Some of them enquired about your absence and I explained that you were just recovering from your nasty bout of cough.
Earlier in the day, we took the NEL to Clarke Quay where you fell madly in love with a pink elephant mascot for some Japanese pharmaceutical firm. You kept giving it "Big Hugs" (in your own words) and you actually shed tears when we had to tear you away from your newfound inanimate friend. You also enjoyed some yummy gelato (just a little) while you shouted "Baby so happy". I guess you were probably experiencing a sugar rush!
Mummy and Daddy were pleasantly surprised at the way you emote your feelings; however, last week, you were involved in an early morning shoving match with Daddy as you were extremely upset as Daddy tried to get near you. I responded in kind by shouting at you (Daddy's dynamite stick temper at work again). Mummy was rather distressed but she offered kind words of advice that by raising my voice at you would most likely perpetuated the myth that shouting is condoned in this household. I agree with her wholeheartedly. As parents, we are in a privileged position as our kids look to us for guidance, sustenance or simply a hug to say "I miss you!". I guess I didn't even realised the privilege I have or how I was abusing it. I was so relieved that Mummy reminded me with her kind words.
Last week was probably a rough week for Mummy and Daddy. Mummy had to grapple with some delegate visit and a gala dinner with VIPs. Daddy messed up on other fronts. We stumbled and were trying to find our footing. I am really glad that we rounded up the week with our steps in synch.
Phoebe, for what it's worth, at least we still have each other.
Be good and smile pretty, Daddy Dearest.
2 comments:
very good! baby is sososo happy, she wore a big big mile on her face! so pretty
smile*
Post a Comment