Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stuck in a Moment


Dearest Phoebe,

Chronologically speaking, Daddy should be writing about the two plays you had watched over
the past two weekends; however, I had something in mind that's more pressing which I need to
bring to your attention.

Your tantrums recently seemed to have hit a raw nerve with us, especially with Mummy. Most
parents would call this the terrible two phase that most toddlers exhibit. Some of the things you said bordered on hurtful to your loved ones. On some occasions, Mummy had to administer corporal punishment and I seconded her actions as you were really driving us up the wall. You were throwing a fit over seemingly mundane things and you actually hit Mummy!

I noticed that you tended to be upset over little things, making a mountain out of a molehill. Let me speak given the years of life experience I have inadvertently built up. Please do not sweat the small things in life because life is just too short and precious. It is just not worth it. As you read this entry, I hope you ruminate over Daddy's words as I got this certainty that you are probably gonna need this mantra in your later years.

PS: Daddy's listening to the latest album (released circa 2009) by one of the greatest rock bands to grace our times, U2. One of their older songs came to mind. Read the excerpted lyrics carefully as they basically sum up what your old man's trying to drive across.

"You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment

And now you can't get out of it

Don't say that later will be better

Now you're stuck in a moment

And you can't get out of it"


U2 - Stuck in a Moment

Be good, don't get stuck in a rut and smile pretty.
Daddy Dearest

1 comment:

blogger haha said...

hey phoebe.., you look like er yi when she was in her 30s.. haha but you're certainly prettier.. haha